Monday, September 29, 2014

Songs I Do Not Want To Encounter on Dark Mornings

1. Brain Damage/Eclipse. I don't want the lunatic in my head belly-laughing all day. That shit is legitimately creepy.
2. Thriller. I was eight when MTV started playing the long version of this video at appointed times throughout the day. Scared me then. Scares me now.
3. Tears in Heaven. Mostly this is because "morning" falls into the category of "any time, ever." But especially in the morning. No thanks.
Here are some alternatives:
1. Hey You. I kinda feel like this is a battle cry for the morning. Hey you, don't help them to bury the light. Don't give in without a fight!
2. Wanna Be Starting Something. No one does not sing along with this song.
3. Layla. I like that little piano part at the end that everyone else seems to hate on. It's kind of nice for the morning.

No comments: