Thursday, February 11, 2010

A gift

OK first let me apologize for the topic of this blog post. It's going to be about Facebook, which is about as beaten as a dead horse can be. So, sorry.

But I've been thinking about it lately because someone I know has blocked me from his page. I don't know if it's just me; he may have blocked everyone. It might have nothing to do with me at all. At first I was annoyed and offended. But now I see it for the true gift that it is.

We have a tenuous relationship, this person and I. I didn't even like to see his posts; they struck me as self-pitying and whiny. I even hid his updates from my news feed. But for some reason, I continued to go to his page, even though it annoyed me. I was weaning myself slowly, but I couldn't completely break the habit. It was making me unhappy but I kept doing it. I'm addicted to things that make me crazy.

But now I see that he helped me break my addiction in a way that I don't have to feel bad about. He did what I could not do. I am very thankful for that.

No comments: