Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Scenes from a marriage

It's noon. I get an e-mail from Jeffrey, from his lunch break. Just one line:
B-R-I-L-T-A?
A couple minutes later, I'm washing my lunch container and it hits me. I text him from the office sink:
TRIBAL
And then him:
Yes!
And a few minutes later:
T-V-L-S-A-I.
And on and on. We've been playing this iTouch game called Word Warp. And by "we," I mean that he is obsessed with it and periodically calls me in for back-up. You get 6 letters, and you have to figure out the word it spells out in a certain amount of time, though he's figured out a cheaty trick to pause the game. Right now we're in a high-score situation; He's calling out letters from the other room, in sets of three, like at a spelling bee. They're getting harder.
T-K-A! A-R-S!
Honestly, could I have found anyone more perfect for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word Warp sounds awesome. I was able to figure out T-V-L-S-A-I on my own, but had to go to http://www.morewords.com/word/aakrst/ to figure out the last one.

Jill said...

This is awesome! The story, the sentiment, and mostly the sweetness ;)