Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight ...

So the joke always was that I love Dove Dark Chocolate, because it was "dark and bitter, just like me." But I've been riding this wave of happiness lately, sometimes sickening even myself. I've worried that it might change the dynamics of my friendships, since they didn't exactly become friends with this unpredictable and possibly permanent mood change.

But then this week I read a story about a 72-year-old woman who fell for a scam. And she was saying these things like, it took me 72 years to learn not to trust someone. And I felt bad for her. But then suddenly, I thought, maybe SHE'S a scam! Maybe she's scamming the system!

And then I thought, Yes! I'm happy, but I'm still dark! And I just smiled.

No comments: