Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I think ... I mean, maybe ... I am ... the decider?

I mean, really, I am the decider. It's sort of my gig. But the weird thing is that lately I cannot make any decision about anything. What are we having for dinner? Should we have a guest book? How should I punctuate this sentence for maximum effect?! But today I've been walking around with 2 pins in my hand because I can't figure out what to do with them. Where should I put them so they don't do any damage? I mean, really stupid stuff. Should I order new shoes for Paris? Should I buy a jacket for my dress? I just can't make a decision right now. Thank goodness I'm not working.

So when Jeffrey's best man arrives at the airport tomorrow, he's probably going to want to hug me. Jeffrey knows me well enough to have warned me about this fact well in advance. He knows that I'm not always huggy, especially when I don't know the person and really especially when I'm busy going crazy.

And now let me present to you, "Sometimes a Crazy Gets With Another Crazy, Subtitled I Mean Really, Does That Kind of Thing Help?, A Play in One Act":

Jeffrey: Are you a crazy bride right now?
Judy: I am not a crazy bride right now. A typical crazy bride wants everything to be perfect on her wedding day. I will be satisfied if there are no deaths, maimings or injuries.
Jeffrey: Do you include botulism on your list of injuries?

No comments: