Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some things

1. I've decided the sustain pedal is like cheese. It makes everything a little bit gooeyer and messier, but a whole lot better.

2. I got the best card ever from Barbie, who was our summer intern. On the front there are 2 beautiful flowers. On the inside, in tiny type, it says: You aren't unhappy with your life, you're just annoyed that everyone around you is incompetent. She said she'd found the perfect card.

3. Being engaged has changed me in a sort of sickening way. This week, Jenna Bush got engaged, and I commented on how surprisingly cute she looked with her fiance. My co-workers were shocked. It was clear they did not share my opinion. Then today, I was learning the love theme from "Dr. Zhivago" and I just thought it was so beautiful and romantic. I'm not a romantic person. I don't appreciate flowers. I'm pragmatic. Who am I now?

4. Michael Cera is such a talent. We saw "Superbad" today, which was funny but had way too much of the other kid. I wanted 100 percent Michael Cera. He's so good at un-self-conscious awkwardness. Tonight we're re-watching "Arrested Development," one of the funniest shows ever.

"I didn't even know we were calling him Big Bear!"

1 comment:

Laura said...

Michael Cera was *totally* all about the awkward elbow, was he not? :-)