Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pardon my French

I am in full-on Paris mode. Paul put up a bunch of photos from their trip that got me feeling very European. So last night I started listening to Pimsleur's learn-to-speak French lessons. The first lesson pretty much taught me to say, "I only understand a little French. Do you understand English?" It's been great. I walked around all day today saying, "Est-ce que vous comprenez l'anglais?" Jeffrey and I listened to Lesson 2 today. "Comment allez vous, monsieur?" "Tres bien, mademoiselle. Merci!"

Then Jeffrey and I watched a Modern Marvels on cheese. Some of it was really disgusting. But mostly it made us hungry for cheese. So we went cheese shopping and had this for dinner:We got a red wine cheese, an Emmentaler, a chevre, a goat gouda, a really creamy blue and some salami. I roasted some garlic and we ate it with a baguette and fruits. It was of an extreme deliciousness. I'm cheesedrunk now.

2 comments:

Maliavale said...

Oh my sweet lord. Look at all that cheese. ARRRGH! Dying! Which one did you like best?

nrrdgrrl said...

It's really hard to say! On its own, I'd think the goat gouda was the tastiest. But then I'd put a dollop of the chevre on my finger and declare that one the best. And then I'd try the wine cheddar with a clove of roasted garlic and think I'd discovered a whole new world of deliciousness. And of course, blue I used to eat with a spoon. Luckily, I don't care for the Emmentaler, or else I'd be stuffing that one down my gullet, too.