Monday, August 27, 2007

Love song of the day

Jeffrey and I have a bit of disagreement over "Lovesong" by The Cure. I think it's about this deep, deep love in a situation where commitment is impossible because of distance. Sort of tragic, really. He thinks it's about coming back together after time apart, a sort of band-going-on-the-road type song. At any rate, he once quite enjoyed it. I still love it. It's the kind of song that can draw tears in the right situations. I can't decide whether we should play it at the wedding, because of the possibly off-point message. Any thoughts? Here are the lyrics:

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Golly Jeez, Beave. So good.

No comments: