Sunday, June 24, 2007

A couple things

1. Limes are way better than lemons. In fact, growing up, we never, ever had lemons. Just limes. And in Vietnamese, as far as I can tell, there's just one word for both of them, and it's the word for limes: chanh. That's how we did it in my household, anyway. So sometimes, now, I get the two confused in English. But that's embarrassing, so this is how I shall remedy the situation: Lemons, you are dead to me. I have no use for you anymore in my life.

2. I'm in the market for some new non-swearish expletives. I figured that since I became a minor boss character in the video game, I shouldn't swear as much, particularly the religiously offensive ones? If you catch my drift? Right now I've got in my arsenal "Golly Jeez, Beave!" a la Wally Cleaver. I'm considering such phrases as "Jeez O Pete!" and maybe "Cheese and Crackers!" but frankly the last one is a tiny bit close to the real thing, which in my experience, can take the air out of the room. I had been saying "Jeepers Cats!" but someone else here says it, and I'm afraid people will think I'm making fun of her, which I fucking swear to you that I am not. I also say "Ai Chewbacca!" Any suggestions will be appreciated.

OK, that's what I got. I'm getting over a major headache, the second in 3 days. The first one came at work after I'd gotten my eyes dilated. I had to go home from work. This one came after helping two friends move today. It was really fun, not tense like the previous two moves we've done. JJ called it The Feel-Good Move of the Summer. And it was. But it was also hot and now my head feels like it's in a vise. I'm hopeful that's all it is.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I enjoy a good "Jiminy Christmas!" every now and then. Or a "Great Caesar's ghost!" (to quote Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman.")

jleica said...

extra-strength exedrin works like a charm for those vise-like headaches. as for the swear words, i'll have to think more about that.