Saturday, May 26, 2007

If three's a charm, four is delicious

It's the second day of my four days off. A few months ago, on the advice of my shrink, I started putting in for a couple days off, with no plans, every few months. This is the first set and so far it's been remarkable and quotidian. Today I napped so hard that I think I became part of the couch. It was one of those naps from which I emerge sweaty, heart-pounding and not quite sure if I was awake or asleep. You know those? I was having these crazy dreams about my ex being invited to our wedding. In my dream, everyone was played by someone else except for him. He was Ryan.

Yesterday was a wonderful day of nesting. I put in 2 windowboxes. Jeffrey and I made an agreement -- if I do the garden, he'll cook with the herbs. So yesterday I loaded up the car at Lowes with peppermint, basil, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, oregano and sage. Today, while I'm conscious, I've just been watching it grow. This is joy.

1 comment:

jleica said...

sounds like you're having a lovely time growing in more ways than one in the beautiful fishing village.