Sunday, May 27, 2007

Commercial endeavors

I don't watch a whole lot of television on our television anymore, since networks got hip to this whole streaming video thing. Plus, we got a Wii (mais wii!!!), so when the TV's on, someone's bowling, or running to catch a mushroom, or extorting some money ("Ooops! I just shot someone who was innocent!"). The computer's convenient, and since Felicity went off the air, I haven't found the need to watch something AS SOON as it airs. So abc.com, nbc.com it is.

In the process, I see MUCH MORE of fewer commercials. There's one that I absolutely love for Florida Orange Juice. It's set at a kid's birthday party, and the kids, typically, beat down a pinata. When it busts open, they all cry "Celery!" and run to get as much as they can. Cute and hilarious.

And there's a commercial that I absolutely hate for Orville Redenbacher popcorn, showing supposed outtakes for commercials. Why they gotta reanimate Orville Redenbacher? He didn't even see this century. That's just gross. Plus, outtakes? When was the last time you saw TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes? I think the last one I saw was a practical joke on Kirk Cameron. Seriously. And, uh, that wasn't during "Left Behind," either.

No comments: