Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunny Sunday

We had a lovely Sunday today after a very long week at work. We had lunch with an old friend who is considering a job here. I haven't seen him or talked to him in a few years, and we had a really good time. I'd love it if he were here. He's a really authentic person, as Luis would say. His wife is very cool, too. My food was pretty good, and it was fun to talk about all the things I like about this place.

Then, Jeffrey and I did what we love to do: sit on our porch and read from a guidebook about Paris restaurants. He read about "trotters and bellies," which I'm told are pork feet and ... bellies. I don't know if I will eat that. But just thinking about the foods is exciting. I'm counting down the days. It was beautiful out there. And then we moved inside and played SSX Tricky, a super-old game for PS2 that I bought used and on sale maybe 2 years ago and never played. It was totally random and mindless and so much fun together. Jeffrey noticed how I purse my lips when I play. I push them together so hard that they get numb. How embarrassking.

It's the simple things, right?

1 comment:

jullee said...

It IS the simple things. You're having so much fun in the fishing village!!! I had a dream last night that I ... was preparing to return to Norfolk. Isn't that weird?