Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sad passing

The news came across the wire late tonight that Kurt Vonnegut died. Dammit. I started reading his novels in high school, ripping his style off wholesale in 9th grade creative writing. I always liked how much fun his novels were to read, while also being thought-provoking and insightful. I'm going to have to go back and read all the Vonnegut we have in the house.

Damn.

A sort of funny (to me) story from today: Jeffrey ran into our newish downstairs neighbor today. He's a nice guy, a stoner with longish brown hair. I've talked to him a couple times, but only today learned his name is Ben. At any rate, Ben said to Jeffrey in passing, "You have quite a piano player up there, huh?" Jeffrey said, "Yeah, Judy has a piano and she's been taking lessons." He said, "Well, sometimes I just turn down my music and listen to her play." And I'm thinking, wow, he must be really, really stoned when that there happens.

1 comment:

Maliavale said...

Oh, my God! That is so sweet.