Wednesday, February 28, 2007

On faith

During the cool-down in Paula Abdul's dance video, she grabs her foot behind her butt and holds it there to stretch out the thigh. It's a pretty common stretch for runners, and I've done it a lot of times. But you know, every time I do it, I am surprised when my foot hits my hand without me turning around and looking for it. Every time. It's the same with the piano. I practice so that I can play with my eyes closed, but I can hardly ever believe it.

You know, I've always thought I wasn't religious for the sort of usual intellectual reasons, but maybe it's just me. I don't have faith in the things I can't see. It's not just religion. It's people's intentions, it's organizations, it's anything I can't put my hands on. I don't even understand faith, because I can't see that either.

I wonder how my life would be different if I had faith. I wonder if I'll ever find out.

No comments: