Monday, January 01, 2007

Chuc Mung Nam Moi (or, you say you want a revolution)

Jeffrey and I are ringing in the new year with a quiet night in with the Seven Up! series documentaries. It's a British series that follows a group of children around from the time they're 7, every seven years. It's amazing how much insight the kids have at 7, and how much they've learned by the time they're 14. Much better than those annoying little jerks in War of the Worlds, which was also on today.

I've been thinking a lot today about 2K6: The Year in Which Everyone Flipped Their S. I did a lot of new things last year, which is weird for me, because I hate to try anything that I'm not good at. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had -- even ones that didn't seem like opportunities at the time. I guess I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, in part because I'm a HUGE one for resolutions just about every day of the year. In school, every new workbook meant a chance for me to try to write with better handwriting. If you have ever seen my handwriting, you know how that exercise ended up.

But anyway, here's to chances.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I watched 7 UP in a psych class in college. I wish I had seen 14, 21, 28, etc. Did you rent them from the Naro? I might have to track those down!