Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Doctor No. 4

So I saw the neurologist today, Dr. Lanoue. He was the fourth doctor to say that it's likely MS. So I'm back. I couldn't really read him very well, as I can read my other docs. He said that we'll just do a bunch of tests to try to eliminate everything else. I sort of feel like it's the JonBenet Ramsey investigation, just a slow process of eliminating every other suspect. Of course, I think MS died in that one.

So I went over to my gp and gave what seemed like a LOT of blood for a ton of bloodwork. Tomorrow I have a visual evoked response test. Then my neurologist will look at the results of my bloodwork, my MRI and the VER and see if there's any more information. He did also mention the spinal tap again. Oy.

Oh, and just a little tip: Your neurologist will ask you to take off your shoes and socks. I didn't know that, or else I would have taken some cosmetic measures. Or 1. One cosmetic measure. Anyway, if you have to go, and you feel a little funny about your feet, just be aware that they will probably ask to see them. This maybe tests your neurological response to embarrassment.

After a couple days of feeling pretty good, I'm back to dizzy, lightheaded and headachy today. Dag.

Oh yeah, and of course, this: SCORPIO (Oct. 24-Nov. 21). Isn't it strange how the people who are the most able to handle tough obstacles don't usually encounter them? And the people with the most money are given all the free stuff. Today you're trying to rectify life's inequities.

I guess I need to handle some obstacles? Or something? I'll let you know if I come across any. Right now I'm just going to be in bed, so they'll have to find me there.

No comments: